Pneumatic audit for customer’s enterprise
Specific values of modern screw compressors are approximately at the same level. Main world compressor manufacturers have achieved the best characteristics in their machines. .
It’s worth noting that, a problem of process technology supply, process automation can’t be solved only by purchasing high-efficient compressors as it doesn’t allow to achieve high rates of energy-efficiency, and in some cases investments are not justified.
Energy-efficient system of supplying compressed air for a plant may be built only after in-depth analysis of air consumption and distribution with regard to the requirements of all consumers.
Pneumatic audit is a complex study of a compressed air supply system at the customer’s enterprise. Audit of pneumatic systems is performed to build optimum plant system of supplying compressed air and defining the ways of quick and efficient energy cost reduction
Pneumatic audit results in solutions and recommendations:
- to reduce costs compressed air production, treatment and transportation;
- increase efficiency of the pneumatic system;
- to reduce capital and operating costs;
- to secure reliability of all pneumatic system components.
Energy saving facilities
Compressed air for most enterprises is usually supplied by central compressor stations. Some consumers are often at a distance of hundreds and even thousand meters. This results in occurrence of big hydraulic losses, condensate chokages, leakages above the allowable levels. Moreover, the rigid centralization deprives of a possibility to provide compressed air of different pressure levels to different customers. Compressed air is provided at pressure necessary for the equipment with the highest pressure demand. Thus, most consumers spend compressed air in larger volumes than actually they need. Costs amount up to 20-25%
Control of compressed air production according to the consumption is performed by:
- starting/shutting down compressors;
- throttling (forced pressure reduction lower than atmospheric pressure) at suction;
- exhausting excessive air into atmosphere often in volumes 50 % of compressor efficiency.
These are the most inefficient methods of supply regulation. Average costs amount up to 15 %.
Compressor units of the majority compressor stations are worn-out and obsolete with specific energy consumption over 25-30 % higher as compared to modern compressors. Moreover, they use water cooling system which brings corresponding water treatment expenditures. Worn-out air pipeline systems, irrational distribution of compressed air among the consumers.
- Overproduction of compressed air for a particular consumer;
- complicated air pipeline systems;
- inefficient connections and unsuitable diameter pipes.
Water separators, air dryers, condensate drains at compressor stations, in transportation, at customer’s site are missing or low-efficient, non-automatic. Costs amount up to 5-7%.
The majority of compressed air consumers have no metering instruments for air consumption, which leads to produced air irrational use. Absent incentive to economy. Costs amount up to 10%.
On the basis of the above mentioned data it may be concluded that efficiency of compressed air usage is less than 35%.
Main advantage – pressure tapping.
Applied measuring instruments
In measuring compressed air flow instruments by CS Instruments (Germany, calibration certificate – 05.03.2012) are used with inaccuracy of measurement less than 3%.
Air flow meter sends data to the system unit DS300 for further processing. Registered data are later processed by software CSSoft, Germany at a personal computer.
Further to the pneumatic system analysis a result report is furnished. A report may be performed in 2 types:
Specialists of “CHKZ” LLC will perform pneumatic audit of compressed air system at your plant. To order an audit please fill in the questionnaire on the website or download the questionnaire and send it by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or by fax to sales department “CHKZ” LLC : (351) 775-10-20.
“CHKZ” specialists have gained unrivalled experience in performing energy audit of industrial enterprises of any complexity. Our clients:
- JSC «Chelyabinsk electrode plant», Chelyabinsk;
- Federal State Unitary Enterprise «URALTRANSMASH», Ekaterinburg;
- CJSC «Petrozavodskmash», Petrozavodsk;
- JSC «Chepetskiy mechanical plant», Glasov;
- JSC «Karelskiy pellet», Kosotmuksha;
- CJSC «YaVRZ «Remputmash»», Yaroslavl;
- Territory manufacturing plant «LUKOIL-Ukhtaneftegas» «Yareganeft», Ukhta;
- JSC «Soda», Sterlitamak;
- JSC «Ural plant of gas centrifuges»;
- JSC «Tatneft» Shashin Bugulminskiy mechanical plant, Bugulma;
- ОА «SSGPO» Rudniy, Kazakhstan;
- Car-maintenance depot conglomerate VRK-2,VRK-3;
- LLP "Corporation Kazakhmys" RK, Ust-Kamenogorsk;
- SPA Mayak Plant №20, Ozjorsk;
- JSC «Rostvertol», Rostov-na-Donu;
- JSC «Northern dock», St-Petersburg;
- JSC «Ylan-Udenskiy aircraft factory», Ulan-Udy;
- JSC «Kaluzhskiy plant «Remputmash», Kaluga and many others.
A full review list and and technical specifications for mounting flow meter you can download here.